The key responsibility of the Software Engineer is to maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction by providing support to ensure Evatec equipment achieves specified performance levels.
Your main tasks
- Acting as first contact for customers or for FSE’s that need support- answering all kinds of technical questions related to software
- Coordinating as interface between the customer, FSE and Evatec Headquarters concerning software support
- Distributon of technical news to the FSE’s and Customers as well as communication back to HQ about issues, learnings or suggestions of improvement
- Ensuring an adequate training level for all customer support personnel
- Working with Evatec tools such as ECP, BPS as well as all SW related systems keeping all systems updated, plus analysis and visualization of data, e.g. to show a failure analysis in a Pareto Chart
- Working on site at the customer for specific software related problems using Evatec SW diagnostic tools
- Managing software related customer complaints complaints including escalation as required
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for reducing the human intervention required in managing Evatec spare parts inventory
- Support for spare parts utilisation analysis to ensure efficient service team operation
- Generally, 5 to 10 years of previous experience in related software support or customer support experience is required. Specific experience of Evatec systems would be advantageous
- A bachelors degree in a technical discipline, preferably IT
- The ability to manage projects simultaneously under pressure
- Patience, good judgment, discretion, tact, and strong customer relationship skills are required
- Ability to code programming and create new applications for review board needed, Python, C, C#, VB are a plus. Ability to setup and establish Website/Networking environment. An understanding of databases (SQL, mangoDB, etc) is essential
- An understanding of equipment automation control and management (ControlWorks, SECS GEM, GPIP/GPIB, etc) is a plus
The role will involve regular travel within Asia for business and to Europe for training.
For more information please contact Joanne Teng, Office Manager Evatec Taiwan. P: +886 3 550 6951.
To submit your application please click here.