(based in Taiwan)
Evatec is a Swiss company with offices in the US, Europe and Asia that specialises in the development, production and sale of high-tech thin film deposition equipment for the semiconductor, optical and optoelectronics markets. From the high brightness LEDs in our cars to the sensors and filters in our mobile phones our know how enables the world’s leading manufacturers to deliver solutions for autonomous driving, smart wearables and hand helds and high performance 5G mobile networks.
Your main tasks
- Acting as first contact for customers or for FSE’s that need support- answering all kind of technical questions related to software
- Coordinating as interface between the customer, FSE and Evatec Headquarters concerning software support
- Developing small programs (macro’s or program’s) required to analyse the data from the tool as well as follow a systematic method for analyzing and troubleshooting the tool.
- Ability to understand the PLC communication
- Distribution of technical news to the FSE’s and Customers as well as giving feedback to the Headquarter about issues, learnings or suggestions of improvement
- Developing a clear understanding of the tool from a system level.
- Ability to diagnose hardware related problems using the software infrastructure of the tool or using conventional methods.
- Developing automated software test routines and support software testing prior to release.
- Working with Evatec tools such as ECP, BPS, SMT as well as all software related systems (Update, analysis and visualization of data, e.g. to show a failure analysis in a Pareto Chart).
- Working on site at the customer for specific software related problems, upgrades and installation.
- Managing software related customer complaints including escalation if required
- Generally 3 to 5 years previous experience in related software support or customer engineering support. Specific experience with Evatec systems would be of advantage
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, preferably EE or Software
- Experience with PLC programming – knowledge of using Siemens Simatic software as well as the programming environment is an advantage.
- Experience with encoders, drives and motors.
- The ability to manage projects simultaneously under pressure
- Patience, good judgement, discretion, tact, and strong customer relationship skills are required
- Ability to code programming (C/C++, SmallTalk, VBA, OOP’s, XML, COM, Windows Shell etc )
- Experience in windows diagnostics to troubleshoot and log information from windows is a must.
- Familiarization/Experience with Semi Standards for equipment automation is a plus. (E4, E5, E30, E84 etc)
- An understanding of equipment automation control and management (SECS GEM, GPIP/GPIB, etc) is a plus
- Understanding of windows automation software and scripting is a plus
- Experience in project management is an added advantage.
The role will involve regular travel within Asia for business and to Europe for training.
For more information please contact Joanne Teng, Office Manager Evatec Taiwan. P: +886 3 550 6951.
To submit your application please click here.