For our US entity we are looking for a
Field Service Engineer
Evatec is a Swiss company with offices in the US, Europe and Asia that specializes in the development, production and sale of high-tech thin film deposition equipment for the semiconductor, optical and optoelectronics markets. From the high brightness LEDs in our cars to the sensors and filters in our mobile phones our know how enables the world’s leading manufacturers to deliver solutions for autonomous driving, smart wearables and hand held and high performance 5G mobile networks.
Your main tasks:
- Carrying out the installation and maintenance of Evatec coating machinery and/or retrofits on-site at our client location in Hillsboro, OR and to other Evatec client locations around North America
- Troubleshooting and repairing our machinery as needed
- Tracking and reporting machinery performance
- Providing recommendation, development, and execution of action plans to optimize the availability and performance of our machinery
- Providing technical support and advice for our customers
- Acting as interface between Evatec management and our customers
- Expediently escalating issues to supporting resources when necessary.
- Working with technical support, customer & field engineers in isolating and solving problems
- Answering customers’ questions and assisting them in a professional manner
- Performing administrative and coordination duties, including pass-downs, work orders, field service reports, system problem reports, and monthly reports
- Providing on-call daytime support according to company’s on-call schedule, rotating among the technical support team
- Tavel up to 50%
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of vacuum coating machinery & technology preferred, in particular PVD, PECVD, PEALD or Etch
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of robotics, pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, and vacuum processes, and relevant software
- Verbal and written language skills in English. Language skills in German and/or Spanish is a plus
- MS-Office knowledge
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and expectations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ability to train and mentor engineers and customer employees
- Willingness to continue learning and growing in a professional environment is necessary
- Willingness and capability to travel
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is an hourly position, full time (40 hours) with overtime pay. Weekly work hours will usually be 5 days, 8 hours each day, or – for local on-site support – up to 12 hours a day, 3-4 days a week
- Travel up to 50% of the time, dependent on company needs, and will include international travel for e.g.training on Evatec's products and processesWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds in weight unaided.
- Work is often conducted at a customer site and requires familiarization with customer rules and policies regarding worksite behavior and safety.
- Expect to spend more than 50% of the time inside the clean room working with Evatec equipment.
- Position works under the direction of a Manager, and in close alignment with Field Service Site Lead
- Passport, Driver's License and Credit Card required.